"I think the act of carrying something that is normally found in our bedroom out into the light is supposed to mirror the way I’ve talked to the media and talked to different news channels, etc," Emma continues in the full video which you can watch here.
So, I just want to go into HOW MUCH Columbia and the NYPD has failed, and revictimized, Emma Sulkowitz.
In her school hearing, Sulkowitz ” had to explain to the three administrators on the panel how anal rape worked. She told them she had been hit across the face, choked and pinned down, but, she said, one still seemed confused about how it was possible for someone to penetrate her there without lubricant. Sulkowicz said she had to draw them a diagram.”
"Her best friend was meant to be at the hearing; Sulkowicz had chosen her as her one “supporter.” But her friend was kicked out of that role for talking about the case, according to Sulkowicz, in violation of the university’s confidentiality policy. As punishment, her friend was also put on probation and made to write two reflection papers: one from the perspective of Sulkowicz and another from the accused."
FROM THE PERSPECTIVE
OF HER FRIEND’S RAPIST
- Two other women at Columbia have accused this guy of sexual assault/rape. But he’s been found not responsible in all instances, and is still on campus
- When she went to the police, one officer said: “”You invited him into your room. That’s not the legal definition of rape.”
- Another officer told her friends, who came with her: ““For every single rape I’ve had, I’ve had 20 that are total bull——,” he added. “It’s also my type of job to get to the truth. If that means being harsh about it, that’s what I do.”
I want to set literally everything on fire.
"20 that are bullshit" - quit making shit up. Every statistic out there shows that false rape reports happen at the same rate as false reports for other crimes. Rape victims are also far more likely to withdraw their report, which is often counted as being false when it’s really being done because of the absolute bullshit victims go through at the hands of police (and in this case, school administrators).
Leslie Morgan Steiner was in an abusive relationship, though at first she didn’t realize it. In a talk at TEDxRainier, she tells the disturbing story of her relationship, correcting misconceptions many people hold about victims of domestic violence, and explaining how we can all help break the silence.
If you or someone you know is facing domestic violence or an absuive relationship, you can find a list of resources here. The U.S. National Sexual Assault Hotline is 1-800-656-4673 (HOPE), and RAINN offers a secure online hotline.
American music culture 101, from Country to Rock to Pop to Hip-hop, in 3 easy steps:
1. when black americans invent it, [white americans] initially detest it, mock it, claim it is destroying american youth and proper sensibilities
2. realize it isn’t going anywhere, co-opt it, engage in it and profit from it
3. obscure its origins and repackage it in such a way that the next generation understands it as a product of white american excellence
when someone post a picture of katy perry with the caption “life goals”
America’s failed foreign policy summarized in 2 pictures.
An extremely simple concept that American narcissists fail to realize.
Dating in the age of Tinder.
He did it. He actually managed to describe how it feels to live with depression and suicidal tendencies.
this is really, really important
Wow….perfect. The old paint…..
I haven’t seen this guys stuff for months but this still hits me as hard as ever
Always repost! I love this so much!!!